Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
The Market Access Associate Dir will work with a local and global team to realize the potential of the evolving Jazz portfolio in the Canadian market. With a focus on our Haematology/Oncology and Sleep franchises and an existing presence locally, this role will ensure that we build an enduring and dynamic biopharmaceutical company which commercializes products to meet unmet patient needs in focused areas for Canada. This leader will set the tone and be a role-model to ensure that everything we do is focused on three things: putting patients first, being a great place to work, and living our shared values.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the development of the Jazz Pharma Market Access and Governement Affairs Strategy and Tactical plans in Canada for the current, and future, Jazz Portfolio
- Develop and lead new products market access plans, including developing value arguments, pricing strategies, and coordinating pharmacoeconomic modelling/analyses
- Lead and Coordinate the preparation of reimbursement submissions to provinces, hospitals and private payers
- Lead and coordinate the development of pricing strategy and preparation of submissions to the PMPRB
- Maximize current marketed products access in both private and public payers
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of the federal and provincial policies relevant to market access for biotechnology/pharmaceutical products
- Develop and maintain contacts and key relationships in both the public and private sectors
- Working cross-functionally to gather payer insights and synthesise evidence needs to support market access in Canada
- Working in a matrix to anticipate market trends, opportunities and challenges to enable appropriate uptake and share of the Jazz product portfolio
- Manage internal processes related to Market Access and co-ordinate the activities of external agencies as required
- Management of agreed elements of customer strategies through effective cross-functional collaboration in a Key Account Management matrix
- Accountable for development of Jazz Pharma Market Access Operational Expenditure
- Responsible for financial management of Market Access budgets within agreed Operational Budgets
- Ensure excellence in Market Access business planning and effective monitoring of performance through appropriate use of relevant analytics and metrics
- Foster the establishment of Jazz Pharma as a key player in our areas of disease focus within the Canadian markets
- Active member of the Canadian management team, which is accountable for the growth of the Jazz business in Canada
- To represent Jazz externally, at relevant external events: it is expected that the incumbent will establish and develop professional working relationships with external stakeholders and opinion leaders
- Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Promote a common vision and ownership of Jazz Pharmaceutical values and culture in Canada
- Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within Canada in order to facilitate, support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- As part of the Management team help to set the tone for the Canadian team: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
- Build the Jazz Canada Market Access capability and help develop the Market Access capability of the of the wider team
- Be a highly visible, deeply-engaged leader working closely with the KAM and MSL team
- Lead and/or participate in agreed cross-functional projects as business needs dictate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record of Pharma Market Access management , minimum 5yrs.
- Can point to evidence of successfully managing access programmes for relevant Rare/Orphan medicines in Canada
- Proven relationships and understanding of Senior bureaucrats in federal and provincial Health portfolios (e.g. head of provincial drug plans) and government agencies (CDR, PMPRB), selected politicians, representatives from patient organizations, key contacts at insurance companies.
- Has evidence of personal ability to systematically assess the market access landscape and identify the needs of market access stakeholders across the geography
- Can demonstrate, through real examples, their ability to collaborate across functions – using the wider organizational matrix to best serve the needs of patients and external stakeholders
- Track record of External Stakeholder engagement in relevant areas of medicine in the Canadian market
- Experience of managing external agencies and Market Access consultancies
- Proven track record in delivering brand strategies, customer strategy and tactical programs in specialized areas of medicine; experience in Haem/Onc is highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and a track record of successfully delivering payer-customer strategy and market access in Rare and Orphan disease areas in Canada
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Educated to degree-level in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
- This role is office-based and it is expected that the incumbent will be in the field, working with stakeholders at least 40% of the time; the role will also involve participation in internal and external stakeholder meetings and significant travel to National and International Congress attendance
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.